Tuesday, July 12, 2011

WHAT A STORM.

Hope everyone is safe from all the nonsense that has been happening lately with that storm that came through the area yesterday.
I literally woke up to the wind outside yesterday. I looked out  my window and it looked like we were literally in a car wash... All I could see was branches from trees flying in all different directions... I grabbed Bosley, my puppy and headed to the basement...
What a storm.... We have been out of power for two days.... I know most of you are still out of power....
Today we finally have some power but [no toilets and no water]....
Yesterday we were straight roughing it...Our bathrooms became personal porta-pottys....Out here in Wadsworth when we lose our power we lose everything... So we are only allowed ONE FLUSH...and believe you want to save that flush. We had no water as I said so we went to our grocery store trying to stock up.. [CLOSED due to no power]... Thankfully Target was open... we went there and shopped in the dark for water and snacks... They didn't have power but their registers still worked.. Didn't make sense but whatever it works for me!  We have been using our cars as a source of electricity to charge our phones and other devises....Also for the sake of air conditioning...Yesterday we drove around just to sit in the cold car and charge our phones..... A conversation my mom & i shared: Me: I cant feel my legs but I don't want to turn the air off because I know its going to be hot at the house..Its almost like I want to suffer so that I can take advantage of having the air now..Because I know later we wont. Mom: I know thats exactly what I am doing... I am freezing but I know as soon as we get out of the car ill be sweating....The entire family had a slumber party in the basement last night because that was the coldest part of the house...Not sure any of us slept very good...we were restless and it was still pretty warm towards the end of the night even in the basement....Woke up this morning... with my fingers crossed that Mcdonalds was still serving breakfast and at least even open today... IT WAS.....Coffee and egg mcmuffin in my tummy.......To say the very least it has been very interesting....

No comments:

Post a Comment