Wednesday, April 6, 2011

NOW I KNOW HOW MOMMIES MUST FEEL.....

Today I dropped my little munchkin of a sister off at school for the first time alone... Parents left this morning (REALLY EARLY) for their vacation.
So the alarm goes off at 7am.... Claire and I jump out of bed... brush our teeth ( in between yawns of course ). Make some breakfast (blueberry wheat squares cereal and some toast)... get a few cartoons in before we fly out the door to school. Claire doesn't like listening to music in the morning... she claims it is "too early"... Well....for me? It helps wake me up. ha...
Getting closer to the school I realize there is lots of construction making us have to go all the way around the block instead of the normal route. ( THANK GOD there were buses going the direction of the detour or I'd most likely get lost. ) We park the car and I grab her little hand and walk her across the street and up to the door...
As soon as Claire spots the teachers she grabs her lunchbox, puts her backpack on, gives me the biggest hug known to mankind and looks at me with her big blue eyes and says.. "Bye DD, Love you". Then runs into the building.... Little heartbreaker.. I about cried walking away from the school... It made me realize WOW.. this is how mothers must feel... dropping their little babies off at school and trusting that the staff and teachers take extra good care of their babies.... how hard that must be....
..So I came to the conclusion if I cannot even drop my little sister off at school without getting a tad emotional... I am going to be a wreck when I have my own children to be dropping off at school.. Something to look forward too I guess.... hahaha YIKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment