Saturday, April 2, 2011

Music SINGS the words with are [too afraid] to SPEAK.

For me, Music plays a HUGE part in my life.

Through every difficult time, or happiest moment there is a song or lyrics that mask that exact feeling that I felt. Its like the words were taken right from my mouth... These words are words that are sung and hit home to my feelings at the time, but they are words that I personally would never come out and say. Whether it be to a person or just in general.
I went to the Lil Wayne concert last night and let me tell you what... I had the biggest smile on my face the entire time... Not because I knew every single word to all his songs and had several that I could relate too my own life and No it wasn't because he took his shirt off and was dancing all around the stage... it was simply because I could feel his passion. I could see how much love he has for what he does. The lyrics he sings/raps are something words straight from the heart. He knows that we as the audience can relate and he gets pure pleasure out of that. Thats what he raps/sings for. Now it is not just Lil Wayne that has this passion of course, I am just relating it all to what I observed last night. In general it is just truly inspiring to sit back and watch any artist perform and to feel the passion for their own work.
Again, this might just be me and how I feel about music....I tend to get kind of passionate about this type of thing.. thats because I am a creative/artsy fartsy person. I LOVE music and art and everything that consists of it. 
But, without a doubt in my mind... I KNOW there are people out that have that ONE song that every time you hear it... it brings you back to a moment, or a memory or hell... even a person. Sometimes they are songs that you necessarily don't want to hear at the time but regardless of that it reminds you of something. You tied that song, those lyrics to a moment in your life. A feeling... an emotion... a situation where you needed something to help you get by.. and there it was....NOW seriously.. you cannot tell me that, that has never happened you to.
All in all... I truly believe that music sings the words that we as humans are too afraid to speak... that we can relate to songs/lyrics because its how we feel and how we want the world to know we feel but in all reality we wont speak up. BUT WHY?

No comments:

Post a Comment