Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tubby Time Conversations

Tubby time from what I remember was always shared with somebody else being in the bathroom with you... Whether they be sitting on the toilet, just keeping you company or in the tub with you rinsing off. It was never something you did alone.
Well, that hasn't changed...Claire calls that person who accompanies her during tubby time, her "tubby buddy." Since I am home now I am nominated for that category no questions asked. 
Tonight was tubby night because she has been on spring break this whole past week. With school in the morning she wants to get all freshened up. So there I am..."the tubby buddy" playing my role and sitting on the toilet along side of her.. making sure she doesn't get distracted ( which always happens... she's my sister... it runs in the family ) and keeping her company so she doesn't get lonely. The conversations are always priceless with Claire... but tubby time usually tends to bring out more of the ordinary conversations. Things you'd think an 8 year old had no grasp on....jokes on you.
The first conversation we had was on addictions... and how she saw this television show about how this lady was addicted to eating toilet paper. Now believe it or not... I have seen this show its on TLC along with all the other odd shows they feature this addiction show is one of them. So after talking about this show for a little bit Claire admits to have eaten paper before but not toilet paper... she tried construction paper. She then goes on to say that she just chews on it a bit then spits it out, never has she swallowed it she claims because she doesn't want tummy problems and well.... her exact words were "I don't want a paper cut on my butt hole." After this obviously I couldn't help but laugh...
The next conversation tonight while she was rinsing out her hair was strictly with the faucet.. 
( Haha... yes I said with the faucet ) 
The conversation went something like this....
"Hi, my names Claire"
"Nice to meet you.."
"How are you doing?"
"I had a great time tonight."
And then she preceded to kiss the faucet Goodnight and giggled....Yes this whole conversation happened while I sat right next to her on the toilet and again.... I couldn't help but laugh. 
The things kids come up with are just amazing sometimes and simply hilarious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment