Saturday, February 12, 2011

I wish I was little again....

After spending about four days at my dads house... I spent a lot of time with my 8-year-old little sister, Claire and I loved every minute of it. But it definitely got me thinking about how much fun being little was... without a care in the world... living life to the fullest. You didn't have to worry about bills, work, life....don't have to deal with heartbreak, love, pain or disappointment.... you loved everything and found the fun out in everything.  Things just seemed easier then.....I literally sat there for hours with my sister and played with a toy frog that bounces back n forth with a press of this tab with your thumb. She loved it and had so much fun that we played again with that SAME frog the next day... She also has this pet cat now named "Solo" which she tortures and wrestles around with ....he is such a good cat lol He even plays around with her and will attack her and just mess around with her... The only thing that gets me every single time is that When Solo was a kitten my dad brought him to the vet and the vet told Claire probably the worst thing you could tell a 2nd grader lol....The Vet told her that when the kittens are little the mommies hold the by this access skin on their back.. So LITERALLY claire carries poor Solo like that EVERYWHERE... she just snatches him up and goes about her way.. lol too funny... Or like during "tubby time" and the nightly routine... I hear "DD(which is what my siblings tend to call me... lol) CHECK THIS OUT" I turn and look into the bathroom to see her in the bathtub with tons and tons of bubbles with her hair shaped into a mohawk due to a ridiculous amount of shampoo.... She was laughing so hard and smiling....Its so just awesome that the simplest things can bring such a huge joy to little ones. I LOVE IT... She is just such a huge blessing to me and my life.  I am truly blessed with the family that I have and how lucky I am that we all get along so well and are all so super close.
On a more professional note: My mind has been boggled with all of these ideas... I have so many ideas for the next few shoots.. and for ways to further my career. I am so excited to get started with everything... I am very confident that everything will work on in the end.. its just all a process and experience is everything so you work your butt off to get to the top....Which I love because I love challenges... It helps push me to do exactly what I want and teaches me to fight for it. But enough of the that... I am trying to plan a trip to Nashville to visit a friend and she her studio.. She is a makeup artist out there and is very successful with what she does. I am thrilled to maybe someday work with her and cant wait to learn more from her. I also am trying to plan a trip to visit a friend in Las Vegas... YES, i said Las Vegas... I have a friend who is living and working out there and I have never been so whats a better excuse than that? lol A few girls and I are trying to plan a trip to visit New York in the summer and visit out there.... maybe work a few photo shoots of our own with the beautiful scenery... we don't really have a huge plan yet--we just know we all want to go at some point in our lives so why not all together.... Then of course... I want to make it back out to California and see everyone and visit... and maybe work a few jobs with some friends... :) I miss the weather and I miss my friends & family that live out there so much....
WELP.... Back to designing some Zombie designs... watching wedding crashers and attempting to read the one-of the three books I bought today( I have an addiction to books.... not necessarily reading them.. I have an addiction to buying them and collecting them.. When I am at the bookstore I have every intention of reading them and get so excited.. Its almost like a high from just being in the book store...I cant really explain it.. NOR have I ever met anyone that has that addiction but I guess its a more healthy addiction than Meth or Cocaine or something? right....?).... lol

No comments:

Post a Comment